Women in Aviation International (WAI) is a nonprofit organization that encourages the advancement of women in all aviation career fields and interests. Learn more about the perks of WAI membership from our new infographic.
WAI began in 1990 and was formally established in 1994 as a nonprofit organization. The first International Women in Aviation Conference was held in Prescott, Arizona, in 1990.
Membership Classification (percentage of members)
- 63% Individual (Professionals/Enthusiasts)
- 7% International (Outside the U.S.)
- 28% Student (High school/College and University students)
- 2% Corporate (Organizations/Corporations)
- More than 12,000 active members
- Aviation for Women, the official bimonthly publication of Women in Aviation International
- WAI Connect monthly electronic newsletter
- Annual conference for WAI members in all fields of aviation and aerospace
- Local chapters in communities around the world
- Government and industry representation
- Educational outreach programs
- Network base for personal and career development
- Merchandise and services discounts
- Aeromedical Advisory Partnership
- Legal Advisory Program
*Corporate members receive additional benefits including: exhibit discounts at the annual conference, advertising discounts in Aviation for Women magazine and listings in WAI publications.
- General sessions, professional development seminars, educational sessions, networking and tours
- Thousands of attendees from nearly a dozen countries around the world
- More than 160 exhibitors featuring a wide variety of aviation businesses and employers
- Special events, scholarship awards, Pioneer Hall of Fame induction ceremony